WEST SIDE CALI KILLERS
EliteGamers4Life Two Area Review 23104840
WEST SIDE CALI KILLERS
EliteGamers4Life Two Area Review 23104840
WEST SIDE CALI KILLERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF WSCK CLAN

HomeSearchLatest imagesstoreRegisterLog in

EliteGamers4Life Two Area Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HolyHandGrenade
Founder
Founder
HolyHandGrenade

Xbox Live Gamertag HolyHandGrenade
Caps : 1104
Times Thanked : 26
Comments : My Honor is Loyalty
Browser : Chrome

EliteGamers4Life Two Area Review Empty
PostSubject: EliteGamers4Life Two Area Review   EliteGamers4Life Two Area Review I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 5:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Elite Gamers 4 Life

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Quick Review
    Initially, the forum strikes me as a rather dark one, yet one that is attuned to today's current trends - noting the 9gag meme in the popup welcome message. I wouldn't use the welcome message though, as it can deter those who detest popups.

The forum's graphics will be covered in the next section.

In terms of your forum's activity, I'd put the 'last online in 99 hours' down to 24, as it gives a bit of a false impression about the forum's activity. For the unqise, they may interpret it as high activity over a long period of time, but those who are familiar with forums may check the memberlist to see the true number of members you've had online in 24 hours so they know who/how many to expect within this time period - 6. This isn't really enough if you want your forum to survive. I suggest pruning out topics you don't want the public to see (or splitting their replies) and creating some unique content and competitions. You could even post some tips for some games.

One niggle I have in terms of the forum itself is that you'd probably be best off showing the last topic title on the index. Modify this in the structure and hierarchy section of the ACP - it makes navigation to the last-posted topic a bit easier, rather than having to dig through the forum.

You're a gaming forum. Expand the gaming sections - include clan zones, a shop for tips, etc. Go crazy and have fun, that's what games are about. You don't need to limit yourself to discussion.

The background and who's online image at the bottom remain my main concerns - the lack of an apostrophe in the who's online makes it look sloppily done. a quick edit of the image can fix this.

The background hasn't really been changed from last time I visited the site and so it still needs editing. I suggest a techno-blue pattern. It's good to see you've changed the post icons as they seem to suit the forum more now.

The banner still looks a bit large, but I assume this is because you want to stay with the same image? You can keep the same text and image by making a new one and putting the same text and image side-by-side. This would reduce the amount of scrolling needed to reach the forum's content.

One final suggestion is to ask for your affiliates to be the same size - 88*31. This would promote uniformity and give the site more of a professional feel.

Good luck, and keep playing!

This review was done by an official Forumotion reviewer, LostLegend .

Back to top Go down

EliteGamers4Life Two Area Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1