WEST SIDE CALI KILLERS
What is this anime called Vocaloid? 23104840
WEST SIDE CALI KILLERS
What is this anime called Vocaloid? 23104840
WEST SIDE CALI KILLERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF WSCK CLAN

HomeSearchLatest imagesstoreRegisterLog in

What is this anime called Vocaloid?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HolyHandGrenade
Founder
Founder
HolyHandGrenade

Xbox Live Gamertag HolyHandGrenade
Caps : 1104
Times Thanked : 26
Comments : My Honor is Loyalty
Browser : Chrome

What is this anime called Vocaloid? Empty
PostSubject: What is this anime called Vocaloid?   What is this anime called Vocaloid? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:02 pm

What is this anime called Vocaloid? Cotton candy what?

Last edited by HolyHandGrenade on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cotton Candy
Manager
Manager
Cotton Candy

Caps : 134
Times Thanked : 0
Comments : ...
Browser : Safari

PostSubject: Re: What is this anime called Vocaloid?   What is this anime called Vocaloid? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:28 pm

What?
Back to top Go down
HolyHandGrenade
Founder
Founder
HolyHandGrenade

PostSubject: Re: What is this anime called Vocaloid?   What is this anime called Vocaloid? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Vocaloid what?

Last edited by HolyHandGrenade on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cotton Candy
Manager
Manager
Cotton Candy

Caps : 134
Times Thanked : 0
Comments : ...
Browser : Safari

PostSubject: Re: What is this anime called Vocaloid?   What is this anime called Vocaloid? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:46 pm

Vocaloid? Neutral oh, yeah.

Someone will come along who can explain this better, probably. Vocaloid is "a singing synthesizer application software developed by the Yamaha Corporation that enables users to synthesize singing by just typing in lyrics and melody." - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are a handful of characters, each with their own vocal range/gender for singing different types of songs.

A lot of people just mess around with this and have fun. Some people make it sing popular hit songs, or anime openings, etc. Other people use it to compose and hear songs before singing them themselves. Still others write advertising jingles with it, etc.

It's also a Japanese fan phenomenon. What seems to happen (and correct me if I'm wrong, guys) is that someone creates a song with Vocaloid. Sometimes it stops there and a bunch of people enjoy the song. Sometimes, though, it inspires someone else to create an animated music video for the song (sometimes several people...I think there are, like, six different versions of "Alice Human Sacrifice" AMVs floating around.) Or sometimes someone creates a song and an AMV at the same time.

There are SO many animated music videos floating around; from what I know, they are all fan-made.

Sometimes the songs are also covered by actual singers, so you'll see AMVs floating around that aren't actually the vocaloids singing anymore, either.

More info on everything in the wiki link above, and also in the Vocaloid Wiki: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Regular wiki has all the main facts, and the Vocaloid Wiki also has info on some of the fan stuff (for instance, there's a list of the some of the most well-known fan-made Miku songs/AMVs here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

It's popular enough that it also inspired a manga: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There isn't an anime. Yet. I'm kind of hoping for one, sometime in the future.
Back to top Go down
HolyHandGrenade
Founder
Founder
HolyHandGrenade

PostSubject: Re: What is this anime called Vocaloid?   What is this anime called Vocaloid? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:40 pm

cool sorry for the misspelling. I clicked on spell check for some reason Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is this anime called Vocaloid?   What is this anime called Vocaloid? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is this anime called Vocaloid?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WEST SIDE CALI KILLERS :: Miscellaneous :: General Discussion / Off-Topic-