WEST SIDE CALI KILLERS
Xbox 360 2012 Beta Dashboard Review 23104840
WEST SIDE CALI KILLERS
Xbox 360 2012 Beta Dashboard Review 23104840
WEST SIDE CALI KILLERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF WSCK CLAN

HomeSearchLatest imagesstoreRegisterLog in

Xbox 360 2012 Beta Dashboard Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Duke Nukem
Duke Nukem

Caps : 293
Times Thanked : 6
Browser : Internet Explorer

Xbox 360 2012 Beta Dashboard Review Empty
PostSubject: Xbox 360 2012 Beta Dashboard Review   Xbox 360 2012 Beta Dashboard Review I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 8:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lets take a look at the 2012 Beta Dashboard, due out in the fall of 2012 and highly anticipated from opinions so far. As you may know, people are not really supposed to speak about this, so we have used Tizlar's account to post it, as he and Microsoft aren't exactly pals so its a safe account to discuss on. Here is Tizlar's opinion and lets just say 'impressive'.

The overall dashboard layout has improved drastically, the background with no theme, is a Light greyish white colour, the tabs are all in bolder Fonts and the look is just overall better.

There is the addition of "My Pins" in the home tab.

This is So useful, here you can add your favorite games, apps, movies, web pages etc to a conveniently placed tab under Your Game option, this helps me as I put minecraft in there for easy access along with other games so no more scrolling through my games looking for ages...

Another addition is the critically awaited Internet Explorer, it works, perfectly. It is fast, smooth, easy use and a massive improvement to ps3's browser (My opinion). One huge let down is no flash player so no videos, a huge part of the internet is not included. You mad kid?

Another addition is the "Store" tab on the xbox guide. Organises easy access to: Redeem Code, Games Store, Avatar store and Video store. This is good in my opinion as the new marketplace is shockingly difficult to use and navigate to.

Another addition is the added account Security and Manage exercise in my profile. The account security has organised the following: Password at sign in, windows live ID, Change Password, Change Windows Live ID and Pass Code into one tab, very useful and helpful. The manage exercises is for kinect integrated users only, it contains a small database that you enter your weight, height age etc, good for kinect users but Im not one so I cant give an opinion.

A pointless addition is the "Name your Xbox" setting in system settings. Why microsoft, waste of time, has no purpose whatsoever.

A Very helpful addition and the best yet in my eyes is the following:

Status codes on disc unreadable. They tell you if either your disc is damaged, your laser is having trouble or dirty.
Thanks microsoft!

A small but good thing also is that "AIM Instant messenger" can be used via internet explorer. It's not an app on xbox yet so it's useful if you need it.

Microsoft have really stepped it up on this dash, If you play in HD it looks absolutely fantastic, I'm finally happy and see major improvement.

Visuals : 10/10
Speed : 10/10
Additions : 9/10
Colour adjustments : 1000000/10

This dashboard really improves the overall xbox gameplay. Eagerly await this dashboard as it will blow your minds. 'Internet Explorer' is the best addition. 'Name your xbox' is the worst.

Final Rating:
Overall 10/10
Back to top Go down
Carmine
Private First Class
Private First Class
Carmine

Caps : 20
Times Thanked : 0
Browser : Chrome

Xbox 360 2012 Beta Dashboard Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 2012 Beta Dashboard Review   Xbox 360 2012 Beta Dashboard Review I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 8:07 am

cheers cant wait
Back to top Go down

Xbox 360 2012 Beta Dashboard Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1