WEST SIDE CALI KILLERS
Top 10 PlayStation 3 Exclusive Games of All Time 23104840
WEST SIDE CALI KILLERS
Top 10 PlayStation 3 Exclusive Games of All Time 23104840
WEST SIDE CALI KILLERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF WSCK CLAN

HomeSearchLatest imagesstoreRegisterLog in

Top 10 PlayStation 3 Exclusive Games of All Time

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HolyHandGrenade
Founder
Founder
HolyHandGrenade

Xbox Live Gamertag HolyHandGrenade
Caps : 1104
Times Thanked : 26
Comments : My Honor is Loyalty
Browser : Chrome

Top 10 PlayStation 3 Exclusive Games of All Time Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 PlayStation 3 Exclusive Games of All Time   Top 10 PlayStation 3 Exclusive Games of All Time I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 3:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The PlayStation 3 experienced high turbulence on its launch day followed by a lack of exclusive games. Regrettably, like many of us who doubted Sony their first couple of years, the PlayStation brand has seemingly redeemed itself becoming undoubtedly one of the most promising game divisions this generation. The PlayStation brand has always focused on inspirational variety from their well-talented first-party studios who also introduced us to creatively intricate and innovative games.

It’s worth taking a trip back in time reminiscing on games that have miraculously defined the brand and influenced those who may have doubted their favorite gaming company to bring phenomenal exclusives to the PlayStation 3.

10. Flower

Developer: Thatgamecompany

Flower is a magnificent and innovative game created by talented developers who have revolutionized the way we could play video games. I’ve never experienced such an interactive game full of imaginative set pieces while creating a stunning atmosphere. The core gameplay revolves around gliding a pedal followed by windy environments. Not only do you experience the most artistic PSN game of all time, the inexpensive price tag adds more value for the consumer. – Marcus Bishop

9. Gran Turismo 5

Developer: Polyphony Digital

The extensive wait for Gran Turismo 5 was challenging, yet worth the wait computing over 7 million copies worldwide and establishing the goal of being the highest selling PS3 exclusive of all time. Gran Turismo 5 provides mass amounts of cars and customization that supply gamers with hours of unique playtime. The mechanical presentation is astonishing surpassing its predecessor in every way possible, while being one of the longest running PlayStation franchise in history. – Steven Ross

8. MLB: The Show series

Developer: San Diego Studio

Alternatively known as the savior of baseball games, MLB: the Show is the most critically acclaimed video game baseball franchise in history! Since its debut, it has sustained grade A status outshining competition and every year showing vast amount of improvements. MLB: The Show as a series are complete packages worth every dime spend and if you own a PS3 I highly recommend giving the series a try. – Nick Hale

7. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Developer: Insomniac Games

Tools of Destruction was one of the most anticipated exclusive games during its time, which isn’t surprising knowing it was one the mascots for the PlayStation 2. At the time, PlayStation fans couldn’t wait to get their hands on Tools of Destruction due to the lack of great exclusives during the time. Besides Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, PlayStation 3 lacked that blockbuster game that could stand toe-to-toe with its competition, and as results show, selling over 2.30 million worldwide, Tools of Destruction is one of the best platformers on the PlayStation 3 contributing cartoonish humor and an adventure many fans will enjoy. – Nick Hale

6. Valkyria Chronicles

Developer: SEGA

After my first observation of Valkyria, It immediately became a turn off causing me to throw it off my radar. I wasn’t impressed with its art style and peculiar-looking atmosphere. The fact that PS3 lacked Japanese RPG’s encouraged me to give it a try, and boy was I in a heap of regret after putting in 2 hours of gameplay. During my playthrough of Valkyria Chronicles, I realized that this game is my pinnacle PlayStation experience. Not only is Valkyria a pinnacle for me, but also a pinnacle for Japanese RPG’s. The game-play and story is unique, original and nothing you have ever experienced before, from graphical presentation to its unforeseen plot, this game is the ultimate fantasy experience. – Steve Ross

5. Demon’s Souls

Developer: From Software

While playing Demon’s Souls you will die, Let’s, hypothetically, say you died 20 times during your first hour of playing, you will literally die 20 more times. I’m not joking, I’m absolutely serious, Demon’s Souls is remorseless and unforgiving! You’ll eventually pull your eyeballs out using them as analog grips for your controller after your 50th death.

Whining aside, Demon’s Souls is a “hardcore” RPG, its style is unmatchable, game-play is versatile, and story is extraordinarily awesome! Clearing various locations in Baletaria, collecting souls from defeated enemy types, and upgrading stats will fulfill your roughly 80-hour journey. Unfortunately, selling 1.62 million worldwide will not justify the mind-blogging masterpiece Software put into their project.

– Tiffany Morales

4. Heavy Rain

Developer: Quantic Dream

Quantic Dream has done an amazing job implementing a balance between realism and fun with Heavy Rain. Many people will state that you cannot mix the two elements together with a successful result; I recommend those people play Heavy Rain. Heavy Rain is a beautiful title featuring well-crafted character models and realistic facial animations. Innovation is no secret to Quantic Dream based on track record with Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy, and I’m glad they decided to stick with those artistic gameplay mechanics giving PlayStation owners a unique experience. – Steve Ross

3. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Developer: Kojima Productions

Metal Gear Solid 4 was the first immense PlayStation 3 title; this was the blockbuster fans awaited before finally purchasing their system. Work of art can only describe Kojima flagship production of the series, and calling the story complex would be an understatement. Guns of the Patriots sold over 5.60 million worldwide tying with Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. 2008 was a year of hope for the PlayStation community and fans generated extremely high expectations from Kojima Productions, and as Kojima promised, the game delivered becoming the first critically acclaimed PlayStation 3 exclusive. – Steven Ross

2. LittleBigPlanet Series

Developer: Media Molecule

Personally, LittleBigPlanet is my favorite PlayStation 3 exclusive this generation. I’ve spent hundreds of hours imaginatively exploring original levels while learning different mechanical techniques to improve my own inventive thinking and creativity. The vibrant atmosphere, distinctive charm, and never-ending exploration makes LittleBigPlanet the most unprecedented exclusive game of this generation. Sony acquiring Media Molecule was probably one of the best business decisions made and I’m looking forward to their future projects. – Marcus Bishop

1. Uncharted series

Developer: Naughty Dog

The Uncharted series has been recognized for its charm, fascinating character development, narratively engaging storytelling, visuals, and adventurous treasure hunting. Offering so much replay-ability and adding a cinematically entertaining action experience, fans will be left breathless wanting more from Naughty Dog. The series exceeded beyond expectations implementing the most beautiful graphics you could find on the PlayStation 3. Uncharted 3 has truly redefined a generation of video games. – Marcus Bishop

Honorable Mentions:

God of War 3

inFAMOUS

Journey

Resistance: Fall of Man
Back to top Go down

Top 10 PlayStation 3 Exclusive Games of All Time

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1